Home Gallery Video of the week.

Thursday 7 April 2011

lovebug MUSIC: Gwen Stephani on the cover of ELLE

gwen elle Gwen Stefani Covers Elle; Talks New Stars

source via thatgrapejuice.

As earlier reported, Elle magazine’s May issue celebrates ‘Women In Music’. Covering the special edition is No Doubt stunner Gwen Stefani.
The ‘Hollerback’ singer has been out of the limelight for some time, opting to focus on motherhood, recording with No Doubt and her successful fashion line ‘L.A.M.B’.
In her absence, of course, a new crop of stars have risen to prominence – including the likes of Rihanna, Fergie, and Lady GaGa. Find out after the jump what the 41 year old thinks of the suggestion that such acts have borrowed her style.
this is what she said------Really? I don’t see myself in those girls. I usually put pants on. I see these girls as more going for the sex-symbol thing. I was more, in the band, like a tomboy. Of course, I think every girl is sexy, so there’s going to be a little of that. But I see a lot of younger artists going more toward the sexy thing.
On today’s music longevity
When we were growing up, some of the hits were legendary ones that you hear your whole life. But certain songs, I don’t know if you’ll ever hear them again. Because that’s what that music is, like a guilty pleasure, it’s right at the moment.
I agree with her a lot of young are pushing to be sexy to sell records.

No comments: